Have you dabbled with social media? Do you KNOW you should be using it to grow your real estate business, but you just haven’t done it? Are you intimidated by the idea of using social media for business? You’re not alone! Many Realtors continue to use the traditional methods of marketing – postcards and newsletters and even door hangers. These methods are still good, but what if you could double or triple your reach with only a fraction of the cost?
Make 2014 Your Social Media Year!
With Facebook numbers over 1.15 BILLION and LinkedIn over 250 million professionals, you can’t ignore the possibilities that social media offers your real estate business! So let’s get started!
Pick, Plan and Post!
Pick a social media platform or two
If you’re limited on time, I suggest you pick one or two social media venues on which to focus. For real estate agents, my top choice is Facebook, followed by LinkedIn. Make sure you set up a business page on Facebook so that you can separate your personal life from your professional life, you will be able to advertise AND track your analytics.
Plan your Social Media Content Schedule
If you create a schedule and keep it handy (like on your calendar!) you can integrate it into your daily or weekly to-do list. By knowing the topic you are going to post ahead of time, you’ll save yourself that moment that goes like this:
Sound familiar? Get out of this rut and PLAN your content!
Post organically or automate
Using your smart phone social media app or your browser on your computer or tablet, you can post throughout the day as long as you remember to! Or you can use an app such as Hootsuite or Buffer to schedule it ahead of time.
I use Hootsuite to automate my social media posts for several reasons:
- I can do all of my posting at one time and see it scheduled on a dashboard. This is really helpful so that you don’t lose track of when you’re posts will be published.
- I can post to all of my social media platforms or just one
- I can control the links and thumbnails that are generated
- I can set up reports that will give me the analytical information I need to measure my social efforts
- You can also monitor who is mentioning you or engaging with your posts so that you can respond back
However you decide to post, remember one thing…
Consistency is really important in order to build trust with your audience. Trust will bring you more clients and hence, grow your real estate business!